GREENTECH COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING FOR WOMEN
TECHNICAL ENGLISH II HS2161
COMMON TO ALL BRANCHES B.E/B.TECH
1. Write a proposal to the senior executive officer regarding the implementation of solar panels
2. Write a proposal for opening another hero-honda service station in the town near by your place
3. Write a proposal for the purchase of two wheelers
4. Write a proposal for the purchase of four wheelers
5. Write a proposal for openig a branch of your company in karur
6. Write a proposal to the executive director L& T,chennai for providing a short course on negotiation skills to your marketing executives in your company
7. Write a proposal for the installation of electronic security system in the college library to reduce the incidence of theft in the librabry
8. Write a proposal for setting communication laboratory
9. Write a proposal to the personal manageer regarding the parking facilities for the two wheelers and four wheelers
10. Write a proposal to the district health officer to set up rehabiliation cum health care center in the district to help the rural people in your district
1. The rag pickers in india
2. Newswpaper –good and their evil effects
3. Computer and its uses
4. Terrorism a global threat
5. Media & Entertainment
6. Science is a panacea for all evils
7. Communication and its importance
8. Mobile phone boon or bane
9. Renewable sources of energy
10. The place of women in india
11. Population explosion
13. Agriculture in india
14. Role of engineers
15. Conservation os petroleum
16. Pollution and its threats
17. Global warming
18. Unemployment in india
19. India in 2020
20. Rainwater harvesting
E MAIL COMMUNICATION
1. Write an email to your friend enquiring about the campus interview in their college
2. Write an email to creative solutions inviting them to conduct a course in the soft skill programme
3. Write an email to your frinend that you are not able to attend the recception
4. Write an email to krishna sports goods to send the sports items
5. Write an email to all students to prepare on a topic of their choice for 10 mins paper presentation
6. Write an email to the alpha industries personal manager requesting him to allow you to do summer training
7. Write an email for the credit manager of citi bank requesting him to send the details for the educational loan
8. Write an email to the library incharge to send you the arrivals of new books
9. Write an email to your friend consoling him for his grand father’s death
10. Write an email to your friend for geeting a good job in the foreign country
1. Prepare a checklist to avert fire accidents in public function
2. Your family is about to leave for Ooty on a two-week holiday. Your father has asked you to prepare a checklist of things to be done before you leave the house. Prepare an eight- item checklist to give to your father. Remember to give a title to your checklist.
3. imagine that you have to go New Delhi to appear for an interview. Make an eight- item checklist with a proper title for your reference.
4. Prepare a checklist that consists of ten items to be checked before you leave your house for a long tour.
5. Prepare a checklist before appearing for the University Examinations.
6. Prepare a checklist for applying education loan.
7. Prepare a checklist for applying for a passport.
8. Prepare a checklist for going abroad for higher education.
9. Prepare a checklist to travel to USA
10. Prepare a checklist to be taken to the physics /chemistry lab
11. Prepare a checklist for maintaing the two wheeler
12. Prepare a checklist for organising the paper presentation
13. Prepare a checklist for opening an account the bank
14. Prepare a checklist for choosing a good engineering college
15. Prepare a checklist for coducting the sports day
16. Prepare a checklist for organising the department function
1. Write a report to the principal on an industrial visit to bhel company
2. Write a feasibility report in utilization of solar energy
3. Write a report on an accident you witnessed
4. Write a feasibility report on newly introducing cosmetic product
5. Write a report on the accident in the gas filling section in the gas company
6. Write a report on the strike by the workers for the flexible working hours
- Write a set of eight important recommendations to a group of students from Europe who has come to spend their one month’s vacation in India. The suggestions may be on the lines of food, travel, transport, climatic conditions etc. to make their stay comfortable and enjoyable.
- Write a set of eight important recommendations to keep the city of Chennai clean and green.
- Write a set of eight important recommendations to maintain your computer in good working condition.
- Write a set of eight important recommendations to preserve underground water resources.
- Write a set of eight important recommendations to be adopted for maintaining your two-wheeler in perfect condition.
- Write a set of eight important recommendations for improving health services in Government hospitals.
- Write a set of ten recommendations to your fellow mates not to indulge in ragging
- Write a set of Eight recommendations to overcome the ENERGY CRISIS in India
9. Write a set of Eight recommendations to reduce unemployment in india
10. Write a set of Eight recommendations for road safety
11. Write a set of Eight recommendations to save the petrol
12. Write a set of Eight recommendations to save electricity
13. Write a set of Eight recommendations to improve the quality of educatiopn
14. Write a set of Eight recommendations to improve the safety of nuclear power plants
1. Write a set of eight instructions that are to be followed by the studends in college library.
2. Write a set of eight important instructions that you would like to give a foreigner who wants to visit Chennai. Give your instructions related to food, stay, and travel. Etc.,
3. Write a set of eight important instructions that are to be followed by the lab assistants while handling sophisticated equipment.
4. Write a set of eight important instructions that are to be followed while constructing a shamiana.
5. Write a set of eight important instructions that you will give to a friend who is traveling at night.
6. Write a set of eight important instructions to ensure safety in nuclear plant.
7. Write a set of eight important instructions to prevent our environment.
8. Write a set of eight important safety instructions to be followed in the chemistry laboratory while doing experiments.
9. Write a set of eight important instructions that can be followed by the public to preserve the environment and keep it free from pollution. (air, water and land).
10. Write a set of eight instructions that people could follow to keep the College Campus clean.
11. Write a set of eight important instructions that will help to control noise pollution in cities.
12. Write a set of eight important instructions to be followed in a Chlorine plant.
13. Write a set of eight important instructions to protect the ozone layer.
14. Write a set of eight important instructions for maintaining houses in good condition.
15. Write instructions to impose strict punishment on poachers and illicit users of forest wealth.
16. Give eight important instructions on how to ride a two wheeler.
17. Write a set of eight important instructions for applying for the degree in foreign universities
1. Write a letter to universal trading & co requesting to send the catalogue and price list of the ceramic tiles,tablewares and porcelians.
2. Write a letter to hamilton traders calling for quotation of non inkjett computer printers
3. Write a letter to messers godrej & company calling for quotation for 20 fire and theif resisting safes for your concern at salem
4. Write a letter to the LIC clarifying the late payment of the premium
5. Write a letter to micro systems clarifying the cheque send by them
6. Write a letter to the central scientific company,thillai nagar stating the missing of bod incubators while delivering
7. Write a letter to asphalts complaining that the lathe send by them have mechanical defects
8. Write a letter to the principal asking him to give permission for the industrial visit
9. Write a letter to the HRD Manager of Karur Vysya Bank, Anna Salai, Chennai-600 017, applying for the post of system Manager. Add a separate resume to your covering letter.
10. Write an application for the post of IT professional innovators with you detailed curriculum vitae
1. a tank with a capacity of 2000 litres
2. a committee of 6 members
3. a project proposal for 10 crores
4. an engine with 100cc power
5. a weight of six quintals.
6. a distance of three hundred miles.
7. a dowry of six lakh rupees.
8. a speed of five hundred miles
9. a dam of twelve gates.
10. a tour of two hundred days.
11. a ship of four hundred meters.
12. a compensation of five lakh rupees
FRAME WH QUESTION FOR THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS:
- We do not use gold for coinage nowadays.
- There are three ways in which gold is treated to obtain pure gold.
- Yes, I may come on Thursday.
- A lot of research work is done on Nano Medicine.
- It is a Cloudy Day.
- We should always have an analytical mind.
- No, we can’t find a solution for this problem.
- Sometimes, technology can become a bane.
- The thoughtless youth has done that crime.
- It is difficult to grow a garden in a flat.
GIVE EXTENDED DEFINITION FOR THE FOLLOWING:
e. Nuclear reactor
f. System software
g. Food processor
h. Hard disk
1. Iron is ___ useful metal
2. Let us discuss _____ problem seriously
3. This is _____ university college
4. Yuvan’s brother is ____ M.P
5. They organised ____ one-day workshop
6. He met ____ European in Mumbai
7. He got _____uniform form the master
8. Sugar sells at twenty rupees ___kilogram
9. _____eagle is ____bird of prey
10. My class room is on ____ third floor
1. My sister got married ___May.
2. Diane and I first met___ 1979.
3. Did you go out ____ Tuesday?
4. Did you go out ____ Tuesday evening?
5. Do you often go out ____the evening?
6. Let’s meet ____ 7.30 tomorrow evening.
7. I often go away ____ the weekend.
8. I’m starting my new job ____ 3 July.
9. We often go to the beach___ summer.
10. George isn’t here____ the moment.
DIFFERENT GRAMMATICAL FORMS OF THE SAME WORD
CAUSE AND EFFECT OF EXPRESSION
1. The temperature increases.there is an increase in pressure
2. The lifting capacity is enormous.alectromagnets are used
3. The steam has velocity. The blades are caused to rotate
4. All data was lost . the power supply eas interrupted
5. This type of turbine is very widely used. It has much greater efficiency
6. Metal expands when heated. Expansion joints are fitted to steam pipes.
7. The godown had very little space. They coldnt keep things in order